Root Chakra: Muladhara (Root Support)
This chakra is about the Earth, being grounded, and about the Right to be and to have. You have the right to have what you need, to be who you are, and to be where you are. You have the right to exist.
Location: Base of spine, perinium, lower male genetalia, hip ball joint, legs, knees, feet, bones
Energy State: Solid
Color: Black, brown, deep red
Instrument: deep base sounds: base, cello, mostly though the drum
Metals: Lead, iron
Stones: Hematite, onyx, obsidian, jet, tourmaline, smokey quartz, red jasper, garnet, ruby
Herbs / scents: Black earth, oakmoss, Irish moss, patchouli, vetivert, cedar, red sandalwood, sytax/storax, myrrh
Foods: dark beverages (black tea, coffee), dark red fruits (raspberries, dark cherries, pamegranate), beets, heavy grain breads, proteins, root vegetables, red meat, thick earthy matcha tea
This chakra is associated with: survival, needs, security, self-preservation, physical identity, grounding, stability, male sexual energy, instincts, primal self, safety.
This chakra is cluttered and blocked up by: fear (whatever triggers the fight/flight/freeze response)
Working with this chakra means you are focusing on your physical self and your base needs for survival. Those base needs are: SAFETY, SECURITY, FOOD, WATER, SHELTER, CLOTHING. You are striving for a sense of safety, security and stability. A sense of groundedness. Strong foundations in your life from which to build yourself up on.
Set your personal limits. Draw that line in the proverbial sand regarding what you will not tolerate, At what point is it "crossing the line" and infringing on your sense of safety; when is it invading your "right to have and be?
Simplify aspects in your life.
Explore ways of managing and coping with stress.
Rest. Be STILL. There is clarity in stillness.
~ BE STILL ~
Take care of your body. It is the only one you have. This is the wake up call to listen to your body's needs and address them.
I am grounded and connected to the earth.
I am willing to accept myself and others.
I am open to trusting myself.
- grounding meditations
- laying on back, draw knee to chest
- yoga bridge pose
- laying on back with feet in the air
- tense and flex for deep relaxation
- sitting legs out, bend to touch head to knees
- sitting feet together, draws them close, bend to touch brow to floor
- yoga elephant stretch
- yoga downward dog
- martial arts horse stance
- stamping your feet
- earthing: walking in rich earth or on sand or soft grass
- bouncing on your toes
- running and jogging
- resting, giving yourself permission to 'do nothing"
- foot massage
- Trust vs Mistrust
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs: Physiological & Safety Needs
- what is your personal gorunding method?
- what does stability mean to you?
- how/when do you feel safe and secure?
- consider your most basic instincts and practice trusting them
- how do you identify/connect with the earth?
- what is fear?
- what do you fear?
- how can you come to terms with your fears?
- what does it mean: you have the right to have?
- how can you simplify?
- how do you feel about the management of your finances?
Lessons of the material world