Monday, July 21, 2014

Navel / Sacral Chakra


Navel/Sacral Chakra: Svadhisthana (sweetness)

This chakra is about Water, being fluid and adaptable, about pleasure, and about the Right to feel. You have the right to feel the way you feel, to be give and receive pleasure.All emotions have a right to be felt.
I FEEL

Location: womb, pelvic basket, bladder, genitals, kidneys, lower back
Element: Water
Energy State: Liquid
Color: red, peach, orange
Instrument: strings that are plucked or hammered (piano, harp, guitar), copper/metal drums
Metals: copper
Stones: carnelian, coral, pearl, orange calcite
Herbs / scents: orris, clove, vanilla, orange, citrus, jasmine, ylang ylang, copal
Foods: water, citrus fruit juices, orange tea, rooisbos tea, milk (almond or coconut), soups, oranges, canteloup, watermelon, melons, butternut squash, carrots

This chakra is associated with: female sexual energy, sexual passion, pleasure, emotions, change, creativity, joy, fertility, desires, procreation, sex, attraction, movement, balance.

This chakra is cluttered and blocked up by: a sense of guilt (feeling like you have done something wrong/criminal/against the laws or norms)

Yin & Yang are an excellent analogy of the fluidity and balance of this chakra. The attraction of opposites, the movement and dance they engage in, the fact that there is a little of the other in each one.

Please invites us to expand, while pain generally makes us contract. What brings you pleasure? What hurts you?

The word "emotion" comes from emote which means to move out or to express.

While sex, sexual or sacred union, and sexuality are aspects of this chakra, so is nurturing. Caring for the needs of the body, loving the body, touching the body, feeding the soul.

You have the right to feel, the right to feel the feelings you have.

~ MOVE / TOUCH / PLEASURE ~

Please yourself. Touch and be touched. Care for and love the body you inhabit. Nurture it and celebrate it.

Affirmations:
I feel.

 I am alive and joyful.

I am in the flow of my life.

I am in tune with my emotion.

I love my body.

 Exercises & Activities:
  1. Water cleansing: bath/shower, wash things in your environment
  2. Drink water
  3. Swim
  4. Yoga Goddess pose
  5. pelvic rocking
  6. Hoolahoop
  7. Scissor kicking while on back
  8. Massage of lower back, buttocks, and abdomen
  9. Have sex: solo or with someone else
  10. Emotional release: laugh, yell, cry
  11. Dance
Psychology:
  • Initiative vs Guilt
  • Industry vs Inferiority
  • Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs: Love and Belongingness
Things to think about and journal:
  1. Can I do this? Do I need help?
  2. How moral am I? Are my feelings right or wrong?
  3. Am I good at what I can do?
  4. What is pleasure?
  5. What brings me pleasure and joy?
  6. What changes have happened in my life?
  7. How do I feel?
  8. How do I identify and connect with Water?
  9. What undermines my sense of self-worth?
  10. What do I feel guilty for? How have to committed wrongs or who have you wronged?
  11. What do you need to forgive yourself for?
  12. What does it mean that you have the Right to Feel?
  13. How can you bring joy into your life?
  14. What can you do to increase passion, sensuality, and pleasure in your life?
    Spiritual Lesson: 
    Lessons of the Personal Creativity 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment